Flat Decking Sheets
- Made out of glass reinforced plastic
- Can be cut using a hack saw
- To prime your surface try ROCOL® SAFE STEP® Strong Bond Floor Primer
- To install:
- Preparation: Ensure that the areas that are to have Flat Decking Sheets fitted are clean, dry and free from ldirt. Damaged surface areas should be patch repaired to provide a reasonably flat and consistent surface
- Dry fit all panels to ensure that they fit freely and sit flat onto the surface. If required, they can be trimmed on site to suit ideally using a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a 1mm blade
- Please ensure that Safety Goggles and General Purpose Gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved
- We recommend a double fixing installation method. This consists of an appropriate high strength gap filling adhesive and mechanical fixings. If mechanical fixings are not suitable for your particular application, a high strength gap filling adhesive can be used on its own, but care should be taken to ensure the decking sheets have completely adhered to the substrate and regular checks should be made on the material
- Fitting the panels:
- The following assumes that you are using the double fixing method. If not, simply follow the same instructions but without the mechanical fixing element
- Apply an approx 6mm bead (this may need to be increased dependent on the substrate conditions) of the high strength gap filling adhesive around the periphery of the underside of the panels approximately 25mm in from the edges. Then, starting from the bottom left corner, come up at an angle (approx 200mm across) and them down at an angle, to create a "peak and trough”. Repeat this until you reach the end. Immediately press the panel firmly to the substrate to ensure adequate transfer of adhesive (depending on the size of the bead, this will elevate the sheet by approximately 1 – 1.5mm). A firm bond will be achieved in about one hour under normal circumstances and conditions
- Securing with mechanical fixings:
- Drill holes 15mm in from all edges at no more than 300mm apart from the centres. Depending on the width of the panels, it may be necessary to provide fixing points at 600mm centres down the middle of the panels. As substrates vary considerably, additional fixings may be required to fix the panels down. If fixing down two pieces of flat sheet that is constrained by sides (i.e a ramp with a wall on either side), a 5mm expansion gap should be considered between the two or more sheets. This gap can be filled with a standard filler
Select options above to see specifications.
Product Guides & Training Tools
- £7.95 on orders up to £49.99
- FREE on orders of £50 or more
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may incur additional delivery charge.