3M™ E-A-R™ Detectable™ Tracer Ear Plugs 32dB
- Ear plugs feature a connecting cord which prevents accidental loss and is also fully metal detectable
- The triple groove, tri-flange design provides optimum comfort and excellent 32dB protection
- Made from durable pre-moulded silicone rubber that is soft for a comfortable wear but tough and durable for extended use
- Longer stems make isertion and removal of the ear plugs easier
- Tracer ear plugs are washable with mild soap and water to keep them clean and hygienic for every use
- Non-allergic and non-toxic
- Complies with BS.6344:2 and EN 352:2
- CE marked
- Price per pack of 50 pairs in re-sealable pillow packs
- For additional ear protection solutions see Hearing Protection
Select options above to see specifications.
Attenuation 32 dB Brand 3M - E-A-R™ Colour(s) Blue Material Cord - Vinyl Ear plug - soft polymer foam Supplied in Pack of 50 pairs Type Corded, detectable
Product Guides & Training Tools
BS.6344:2 and EN 352:2
Ear Plugs vs Ear Muffs - How to Choose Your Ear ProtectionIf your workplace is especially loud, you will need to provide hearing protection. But which should you choose? Read this guide to find out whether you should choose Ear Plugs or Ear Muffs.
Hearing Protection LevelsTo protect employees from noise, it is important to understand hearing protection levels. Read this guide today to learn everything you need to know about hearing protection levels.
Good to know
Different industries require different types of hearing protection. Food manufacturing industries for example are known for their hot and dusty conditions that made hearing protector use difficult and uncomfortable. In this case, earplugs were generally preferred compared to earmuffs because the latter were difficult to keep clean and uncomfortable because of the sweat it generates around the ears.
Hygiene was the main factor affecting the choice of hearing protection for food industries. Disposable corded earplugs with metal tracers were the ideal choice because of their feature that can be easily detected should the earplugs enter food products.
The colour of earplugs helps improve the detectability as most are designed with high visibility colours to differentiate them from natural food colours.
Selecting the right type of hearing protection also depends on the level of attenuation it offers as different types of food industries have various levels of hazardous noise emissions. Bakery, dairy and confectionary industries produce noise levels from 85dB – 95dB while milling, drink production and meat industries propagates noise levels up to 100dB.
- £7.95 on orders up to £74.99
- FREE on orders of £75 or more
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may incur additional delivery charge.