Polyco® Rig Lizard Gloves
- Polyco® Rig Lizard Gloves are designed for heavy-duty work and protect the entire hand in the toughest industries
- Features high-visibility colours to improve wearer safety in dark conditions
- Standard gloves feature smash guards on the backs to provide impact protection and cover pinch and catch points
- Airprene cuff is breathable and improves comfort over long periods
- Rig lizard gloves have double-stitched cuff and major seams, using core spun thread to improve durability and lifespan
- Well-suited to oil and gas work, machinery repair, mining, and heavy handling
- EN 388 standards compliant, with Mechanical Hazards Value of 4243
- For handling gloves, see Mechanics Gloves
Select options above to see specifications.
Product Guides & Training Tools
Good to know
EN 388 European Standard compliance is crucial when deciding on gloves to use in heavy-duty work environments, but what does the EN 388 standard actually entail?
EN 388 covers testing of gloves against mechanical hazards, which include abrasion, cutting, puncturing, and tearing threats posed by mechanical hazards.
Abrasion resistance tests involve rubbing gloves against standard glass paper until a hole is worn through the surface.
Cut resistance tests place gloves in a frame and sliced with a circular sawblade.
Puncture resistance tests subject a glove to force from a standard puncture needle until a hole is poked through the material.
Tear resistance tests measure the force necessary for a machine to manually tear apart a material sample from the gloves.
The results of each test are factored into a glove's EN 388 rating, represented by a 4-digit score. The Polyco Rig Lizard Work Gloves featured on this page have an EN 388 rating of 4243.
- £7.95 on orders up to £49.99
- FREE on orders of £50 or more
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may incur additional delivery charge.