Polyco® Reflex G5N FC Gloves
- Meets safety standard EN 388
- Nitrile coating designed for flexibility giving the wearer good hand dexterity
- Foam nitrile coating coverage: full
- Available sizes: 7 or 8
- Ideal for glass handling, sheet metal fabrication, steel handling, and other applications where cuts or punctures to hands are a danger
- For general purpose handling gloves, see General Purpose Gloves
Select options above to see specifications.
Product Guides & Training Tools
Good to know
To better understand the standard EN 388, you should be aware of how the 4 resistance ratings are arrived upon.
1. Resistance to abrasion is based on the number of cycles needed to create a hole through a fabric using a piece of sandpaper being applied under a stipulated pressure. The protection factor which is on a scale of 1 to 4, is arrived upon by counting the number of revolutions needed to create the hole. A scale of 1 means a hole was achieved with 100 revolutions, while a scale of 4 is achieved with 8,000.
2. Blade cut resistance is based on the number of cycles needed to cut through a fabric with a weighted rotating circular blade, which is being moved back and forth. The scale is also from 1 to 4.
3. Resistance to tearing is tested by securing the fabric upon the jaws of a strength testing machine. The jaws are then moved apart at a steady speed and the force required to tear the fabric is recorded. The force is measured in newtons and also follows a scale from 1 to 4, with 1 being achieved with a force of 10 newtons and a 4 is achieved with 75.
4. Puncture resistance is tested using a rounded point which is then pushed through the fabric being tested, also at a steady speed. Like resistance to tearing, the force – also in newtons – at which the point punctures the fabric is noted. A scale of 1 to 4 is also used.
FREE Standard Delivery*
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may be subject to delivery charges. In the unlikely event that your order incurs additional charges, you will be contacted by our Customer Service Team at the point your order is being processed.