Polyco® Reflex G5N FC Gloves
- Meets safety standard EN 388
- Nitrile coating designed for flexibility giving the wearer good hand dexterity
- Foam nitrile coating coverage: full
- Available sizes: 7 or 8
- Ideal for glass handling, sheet metal fabrication, steel handling, and other applications where cuts or punctures to hands are a danger
- For general purpose handling gloves, see General Purpose Gloves
Select options above to see specifications.
Product Guides & Training Tools
Good to know
To better understand the standard EN 388, you should be aware of how the 4 resistance ratings are arrived upon.
1. Resistance to abrasion is based on the number of cycles needed to create a hole through a fabric using a piece of sandpaper being applied under a stipulated pressure. The protection factor which is on a scale of 1 to 4, is arrived upon by counting the number of revolutions needed to create the hole. A scale of 1 means a hole was achieved with 100 revolutions, while a scale of 4 is achieved with 8,000.
2. Blade cut resistance is based on the number of cycles needed to cut through a fabric with a weighted rotating circular blade, which is being moved back and forth. The scale is also from 1 to 4.
3. Resistance to tearing is tested by securing the fabric upon the jaws of a strength testing machine. The jaws are then moved apart at a steady speed and the force required to tear the fabric is recorded. The force is measured in newtons and also follows a scale from 1 to 4, with 1 being achieved with a force of 10 newtons and a 4 is achieved with 75.
4. Puncture resistance is tested using a rounded point which is then pushed through the fabric being tested, also at a steady speed. Like resistance to tearing, the force – also in newtons – at which the point punctures the fabric is noted. A scale of 1 to 4 is also used.
- £7.95 on orders up to £74.99
- FREE on orders of £75 or more
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may incur additional delivery charge.