North® N5550 Respirator Masks
- Contoured sealing flange effectively reduces discomfort resulting from pressure on facial nerves
- Design of nose area provides further comfort and fit
- With low dead air space to reduce re-breathing exhaled air
- Cartridge fits directly to face piece seal, reducing replacement parts and simplifying maintenance
- Can be adapted to Supplied Air or PAPR providing flexibility and eliminating the need for separate respirators
- Ideal for construction, decorating, manufacturing, wood work and agricultural work
- Use with North® N Series Respiratory Filters - sold separately
Select options above to see specifications.
Product Guides & Training Tools
Good to know
Regulations require managers to reduce if not eliminate worker exposure to hazardous substances in the facility. To do this, employers should assess and be aware of the dangers which are associated with the substances used and/or manufactured in a workplace. Such procedures can be completed in-house, though establishments are permitted to seek assistance from other professionals.
The relevant standards are detailed in and based on the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA), as well as the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR). They set out the basic requirements for you to follow to ensure that you have a safe working environment.
Other laws that employers need to be aware of, regarding workplace safety and the use of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) are the following:
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH);
Control of Lead at Work Regulations (CLAW)
Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations (CAW)
Confined Spaces Regulations (CSR)
Ionising Radiations Regulations (IRR)
The use of RPE such as protective masks and other safety devices are implemented in these regulations, and employers will do well keep informed of relevant applications, as well as updates and changes.
These regulations, supported by Approved Codes of Practice (ACOPs), should give the proper focus and attention when implementing workplace safety.
FREE Standard Delivery*
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may be subject to delivery charges. In the unlikely event that your order incurs additional charges, you will be contacted by our Customer Service Team at the point your order is being processed.