Eurotechnique® Heat Resistant Gloves
- Hand protection is an important part of PPE
- There are a range of legislative guidelines which cover safety gloves – the main legislation is EN 388, which covers mechanical resistance
- Gloves which conform to EN 388 guidelines have a rating system which consists of 4 separate numbers
- These numbers show you how resistant the gloves are to a range of hazards. The higher the number, the more protective the glove
- The first number marks how resistant the gloves are to abrasion. This number will be between zero and four
- The second number marks how resistant the gloves are to blade cuts. This number will be between zero and five
- The third number marks how resistant the gloves are to tears. This number will be between zero and four
- The fourth number marks how resistant the gloves are to punctures. This number will be between zero and five.
- EN 407 sets the standards for heat resistance in gloves
- Gloves which conform to EN 407 are marked with six numbers which show you how resistant the safety gloves are to heat hazards
- The first number shows how flammable the gloves are – this number will be between one and four
- The second number will be between one and five and will show you how resistant the safety gloves are to contact heat
- The third number will be between one and four and will show you how resistant the gloves are to convective heat
- The fourth number shows you how resistant the safety gloves are to radiant heat. This number will be between one and four
- The fifth number shows you how resistant the gloves are to small splashes of molten metal – this number will be between one and four
- The sixth number shows how resistant the gloves are to large splashes of molten metal. This number will be between one and four
- There is a separate legislation which covers welding gloves – EN 12477
- For more heat protective gloves, see Thermal Gloves
Select options above to see specifications.
Brand Eurotechnique® Clothing Size 10 Colour(s) Beige Gloves - Product Safety Yes Gloves against Thermal Risks (EN407) Yes Gloves against Thermal Risks Value X3XXX Impact Cut Resistance (EN388) Yes Material Nomex Mechanical Hazards Protection (EN388) Yes Mechanical Hazards Value 234X Supplied in One pair Type Heatproof
Product Guides & Training Tools
How to Choose Heat Resistant GlovesIf your employees are exposed to heat hazards, it’s important to have good heat proof gloves. Read this guide to find the best heat protective gloves for your workplace.
Your Guide to EN388 GlovesEN 388 is a piece of legislation which explains the types of mechanical hazards a pair of gloves protect against. Find out more about EN 388 today.
100% of customers liked this productPostedComment3 years ago
Service: The website access was very poor could not follow anything no prices given and also no pictures available.Our response: Thank you for your valued feedback. we are pleased to hear you would rate the service and products as good. Following your conversation with one of our team, we understand that you have supplied some screenshots of the issues you are having with the website, and they have advised that it seems your browser may need updating as the pictures and information you seem to be missing are there on the website. Thank you once again for your feedback, and for your time on the phone today.
Kind regards, The Seton Team
Product: Good5 years ago
Service: but i would like a e mail about them as you only had 5 out of the 8 i ordered before you sent replacements ?
Product: Good5 years ago
Service: very polite and helpful
Product: engineers very impressed with quality
FREE Standard Delivery*
Other delivery options are available, please visit our Delivery Information page to find out more or call us on 0800 316 9700.
*Website orders to UK mainland locations only. Orders to non-mainland UK locations and non-stock items (such as bulky, heavy or hazardous goods) may be subject to delivery charges. In the unlikely event that your order incurs additional charges, you will be contacted by our Customer Service Team at the point your order is being processed.